Audeze announces a new reference audio headphone, the Audeze LCD-5 ($4,500). The LCD-5 sets a new standard for accuracy using a new driver design with Audeze’s own patent-pending Parallel Uniforce™ voice coils and new magnet assembly. LCD-5 represents a completely new design made specifically for minimal reflections, improved frequency response, and a more open yet accurate soundstage. LCD-5’s impedance is 18 Ohms, sensitivity is 90dB, and it weighs just 420 grams (1/3 less than the LCD-4!). Handcrafted in California, USA, the LCD-5 has been meticulously engineered to provide unmatched audio for industry professionals and audiophiles alike. The LCD-5 is now available on Audeze’s website and through select dealers. Audeze will be demoing the new LCD-5 at CANJAM SOCAL on September 25th-26th at Irvine Marriott, and also at the Capital Audio Fest in November.
The LCD-5 features Audeze’s patented core technologies, and comes with new acoustically designed leather earpads, an improved and luxurious carbon fiber suspension headband, deep “tortoise shell” acetate rings, all-new magnesium housing, plus our latest premium audio cable made with high-purity copper, and an aluminum travel case.Audeze
LCD-5 Key Features:
- New Parallel Uniforce™ diaphragms and Fluxor™ Magnets provide powerful sound, unparalleled sonic detail, and incredible accuracy without increasing the impedance
- New internally sloped earpads that help to reduce unwanted resonances and interior reflections
- Newly designed Fazors that are optimized to reduce diffractions
- The LCD-5 cable is specially tuned with directional OCC high-purity copper strands that provide a low capacitance and low resistance path to maintain unsurpassed clarity and precision.
- The LCD-5’s fully re-designed magnesium frame provides rigidity and ultra-light weight, while the acetate rings offer just the right touch of richness
"Featuring our core technologies while adding some new innovations like our Parallel Uniforce voice coil, the LCD-5 incorporates decades of audio and technology research to deliver all the aspects of a truly reference audio experience," stated Audeze CEO Sankar Thiagasamudram. "Our long term commitment to delivering reference products has led us to the LCD-5," he added.
More at www.audeze.com.