The raffle, which is open internationally, closes at 11:59pm (EST) on September 6, 2017 or when all 4,000 tickets are sold, whichever comes first. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Foundation's educational and historic preservation initiatives. Tickets to enter the raffle are $25 each, five for $100, or 10 for $200 and can be purchased through the Foundation's website.
The Memorymoog Plus being offered, serial number 2641, was built at Moog Music's Buffalo, NY factory and is valued in excess of $10,000. It was donated to the Bob Moog Foundation by supporter Lee Keeley and is in excellent technical and physical condition after having been meticulously serviced by lauded vintage synthesizer specialist Wes Taggart.
"The Memorymoog Plus has been referred to as the peak of vintage synthesizer luxury," noted Michelle Moog-Koussa, the Foundation's executive director. "In addition to being a fascinating instrument, worthy to be included in even the most discerning enthusiast's collection, this Memorymoog Plus synthesizer has a very special history: It was generously donated to us by Lee Keeley, who was the winner of our 2016 Memorymoog raffle. Lee is enjoying the Memorymoog that he won, but donated the Memorymoog Plus, which was previously part of his collection. Wes Taggart spent over 30 hours lovingly restoring the synthesizer to its original glory and it sounds fantastic!"
The Memorymoog is a sonic monster with the following specifications:
- Six-voice polyphonic synthesizer with three oscillators per voice
- Each oscillator's waveforms can be combined
- 18 oscillators can be tuned in 5 seconds or under with the Auto Tune function
- Oscillator Sync
- Monophonic mode with user-allocated oscillator count... up to 18 oscillators!
- True Moog 24dB per octave filter (one for each voice, for a total of 6!)
- Programmable arpeggiator
- Prophet 5 Poly Mod-style polyphonic "Voice Modulation" allows routing of Oscillator 3 and the Filter Envelope to multiple, combinable destinations... Oscillator 3 can be a secondary LFO, or a source for audio-range modulation.
- 100 patch storage slots
- Multi-destination Independent LFO with a variety of waveforms, including Sample and Hold.
- ADSR envelopes for filter and amp
- Alpha numeric readout that gives controls old and new values side by side when editing existing patches so they can be returned
- 100 patch memory driven by a 0-9 a-d keypad with a massive LED patch number readout
- Interfacing including the ability to drive a monosynth from the highest note played from either CV/Gate or CV/S-Trig
- Original factory programs designed by Wendy Carlos, Tom Coster, Herb Deutsch, Larry Fast, Jan Hammer, Don Airey, and Dominic Milano
The PLUS features include:
- MIDI Interface
- Basic polyphonic and monophonic sequencer, the latter of which controls an externally interfaced monophonic synthesizer (via rear panel CV/gate/trigger jacks)
- More stable oscillators
The raffle opens internationally at midnight (EST) on August 8, 2017, and closes at 11:59pm (EST) on September 6, 2017 or when all 4,000 tickets are sold, whichever comes first. Tickets can be purchased here: http://bit.ly/MemorymoogPlus2017