Voxengo Elephant version 5.0 is now available for download and purchase. Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plugin for professional audio and sound production applications, available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
New in version 5.0:
- Version 5 release, upgrade requires a new license. It is fully backwards-compatible, sound-wise.
- Implemented the new "EL-5" limiter algorithm.
- Updated the noise generator to the latest PRVHASH 4.3.
- Added the "Panel border" palette modifier.
- Updated all palettes, to reduce "border" contrast. An existing palette may need to be reloaded for the change to be visible.
- Improved overall graphics drawing performance.
- Improved knob's renderings.
- By frequent user request, the "Solo" switch's state is now saved together with the preset (a part of the routing parameters). While this opens up a possibility of leaving the "Solo" switch enabled and forgotten, this provides more flexibility, e.g. when mid/side processing is used.
The “EL-5” algorithm introduced in Elephant version 5 takes the best from “EL-4” and classic “AIGC” algorithms. The “EL-5” is not as loud and “hard” as the “EL-4” algorithm, but it is much more precise than “AIGC” algorithms while producing an alike smooth sound. This algorithm better retains dynamical structure of the program material while at the same time adds a unique “sparkling and fresh mojo” to the resulting sound. This algorithm is responsive to the “Timing” and “Rls/Atk Ratio” parameters that can be adjusted to tune the algorithm further.
Note that the upgraded version can be demoed without losing previous version's authorization: simply install the new version over an existing version. If the new version does not "click", you may reinstall a previous version back, in-place.
Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications. The most remarkable feature of this signal limiter is its sonic transparency. Elephant brings sound limiting and loudness maximization without audible “fuzz” and “pumping” sonic artifacts.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation, EBU R128 and K-system metering. Elephant's built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization without inter-sample overshoots (true-peak limiting).
Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate. Limiting process can be visualized both as gain reduction meter and real-time waveform graph.
Elephant, also featuring a DC offset filter, and a high-quality bit-depth converter with an optional noise-shaping, allows you to finish your music and audio productions with a spark!
- Transparent signal limiting action
- 13 predefined limiter modes
- Limiter mode editor
- Optional release stage
- Noise-shaped bit-depth converter
- RMS, true peak clipping statistics
- EBU R128 LUFS/LU metering
- DC offset removal filter
- Waveform graph view
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- 24 ms compensated processing latency
- Retina and HighDPI support
Elephant version 5 is a free upgrade to Premium Membership owners. Owners of previous Elephant versions can upgrade the license to version 5 for US$49.95. The upgrade is free if a previous version was purchased in the recent 180 days. Demo version of Voxengo Elephant can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/elephant/?eref=ml.