Voxengo is happy to release TEOTE version 1.5, an automatic spectral balancer plugin for professional music production applications, available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST, and VST3 plugin formats, for macOS and Windows computers. TEOTE was designed to be a very useful tool for both mixing and mastering. It automatically performs such tasks like gentle resonances taming, de-essing, tilt equalizing, usually performed during mixing and mastering. In mixing, TEOTE sounds good on pretty much any material.
The list of changes in this version:
- Added Apple Silicon native compatibility.
- Added "P"/"A" switch to the channel-linking algorithm.
- Extended "Room Dip" range to 8kHz, for more creative uses. This, however, may skew a previously made automation of this parameter.
- Automatic instance labeling implemented (not supported in VST2).
- The "out/in" indicator can now be clicked to trim the output gain knob.
- The "Copy to" button is now called the "Copy": this button now copies parameters FROM the selected group, NOT TO the selected group. This should improve the workflow.
The new “P” and “A” switches select the mode of channel linking: Peak or Average (RMS). This switch affects stereo material only, it has no effect on mono material. The “P” mode usually offers “heavier” sounding basses while the “A” mode usually sounds “snappy” on full-stereo masters.
While by definition TEOTE is a dynamic equalizer, its technology is solely based on multi-band dynamics processing. This allows TEOTE to have only minor phase issues, and to produce a subtle transient-emphasis effect associated with dynamics processing. TEOTE tries to make the program material follow the specified spectral profile, tuned to the contemporary mastering standards by default. It can be said that TEOTE “straightens” the frequency response, making further adjustments a lot easier; it removes a lot of repeating work.
“TEOTE” is an acronym for “That’s Easier On The Ear”. TEOTE is a serious contender in helping bring your music production to the next level!
- Automatic spectral balancing
- Selectable processing band count
- Unlinked stereo processing
- Multi-band gain adjustments meter
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Zero processing latency
Demo version of TEOTE can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/teote/?eref=ml