K-Devices, an innovative developer of music software tools, has released Shaper 2 as part of its Phoenix Series of plug-ins (VST/AAX/AU - Mac/Win). Shaper 2 is a deeply creative tool that combines our classic wave-shaper with an innovative multi-fx processor. It was specifically designed to allow the user to redefine–or totally destroy–any flavor of the sound source.
Shaper is composed of several modules, that can be re-arranged in any order:
- Glitch Gate, now with a Smooth parameter
- Waveshaper with 5 inspiring functions: Muffin, Multistress, Cracker, S&M, and Bits&Samps
- Transform module with Clip, Wrap, Fold, and sFold functions
- Resonator/Short Delay, that can act as a comb filter as well
A new addition to version 2, adds a Lopass/Hipass filter allowing the user to further fine-tune the processed sound.
Shaper 2 allows the user to add a personally destructive touch to sound work. Emphasize Basslines by tweaking the Waveshaper sections: Blend and Color, or increasing the clip's value, (this also works great on drums and acoustic percussive sounds). Blow digital coldness into your synths with the S&M and Bits&Samps functions, or increasing the Wrap and/or Fold values. Add unpredictable dynamic glitches thanks to the exclusive Glitch Gate section.
== Additional Features ==
- Modular Structure - Drag and reorder modules as you prefer. Create and save different chains for different needs.
- Graphics - Beyond a classic oscilloscope, two displays show the exact function you are using to process incoming sounds.
- I / O - You choose how to feed Shaper 2 and how to mix it using the Gain and Mix parameters.
Shaper 2 is part of the Phoenix Series of plug-ins.
The Phoenix Series from K-Devices uses classic effects as a springboard for deep and intuitive creative sound tools. Moving beyond K-Devices origins in Max for Live, the Phoenix Series plugins are multi-platform, available as VST, AU, and AAX, for Mac/Win, and work for a variety of instruments and styles. Capable of familiar effects as well as experimental and randomized sound shaping, the Phoenix Series is a new spin on essential plugins.
- Available as VST //VST3 //AAX //AudioUnit
- Any 64 bits compatible DAW
- MacOS 10.9 and higher
- Windows 8.1 and higher
Availability, price, and deals: Launch Price (until April 25): €39 ($46). Price (after April 25): €59 ($69). Bundle Price: WOV, TTAP, Shaper 2 launch price (until April 25): €119 ($141)
K-Devices was founded in 2012 by France-based Italian composer Alessio Santini to design music creation tools for Ableton Live and other music platforms. His products, which include HEXO, ESQ, Twistor, MOOR, Holder, HERSE, AutoBeat, Drumk 2, REF, Shaper, Moovmi, EXT, KFLUX, KFLUXin, and KFLUXsy, are used by an international roster of musicians and are available online at www.k-devices.com.